I keep getting an error message. What should I do?
Many technical issues related to software applications can be solved by performing a clean re-installation. Below is a step-by-step procedure to cleanly uninstall and reinstall a PerformerSoft program.
To uninstall old version:
- Make sure the program is closed. (If the program icon is in your system tray, right-click on its icon and choose "Exit."
- From the "Start" menu, (usually in the bottom left of the screen), select "Control Panel."
- From the Control Panel, select "Programs and Features" (in Windows XP, this is titled "Add or Remove Programs".)
- Locate the entry for the PerformerSoft program in your list of installed applications.
- Click once on this entry and then click on Remove or Uninstall. This will start the Wizard to uninstall the program.
To delete any remaining application data:
- From the Start menu, select and click "Run."
- Type in the following: %appdata%
- A window with several folders will pop up. Double-click on the PerformerSoft folder and delete any content within.
- From the Start menu, select and click "Run" again.
- This time, type in the following: %programfiles%
- Find the PerformerSoft folder and delete the sub-folder within it for the program you have just uninstalled.
To Reinstall your software, simply double-click the software file you bought and downloaded, and begin the installation process as described in Step 1 of this manual.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? click here to send us a message
back to previous page